Here is a video of the UK Jaguar fans on the XKR model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXCgYS6I_z0
Another fan video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baTcNg5EaWY
Professional video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baTcNg5EaWY
2012 XKR-S promotional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgnGeN-oObM
2012 XKR-S white,black and French Racing Blue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZvNkwrshbo
2012 XKR-S Italian Racing Red: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtJS-dsMkVw
2011-09_preisliste_jaguar_xk_x150_xkrs_coupe 2012-02_preisliste_jaguar_xk_x150_xkrs 2012-09_preisliste_jaguar_xk_x150_xkrs 2013-08_preisliste_jaguar_xk_x150_xkrs 2013-12_preisliste_jaguar_xk_x150_xkrs
Geneva 2011: 2012 Jaguar XKR-S waves the E-Type’s flag at 50
Mar 1st 2011 at 1:27PM
Having recently released its innovative and show-stopping C-X75 concept last Fall, Jaguar probably didn’t have the resources – or perhaps the need – to create a brand-new E-Type in observance of the seminal car’s 50th birthday. Thus, we get the XKR-S, with 550 horsepower, 502 pounds of torque and aggressively redesigned aero. We’re not complaining.
The XKR is already a pretty wonderous piece to drive and look at, and this Metallic Smurf example looks nothing if not more imposing, thanks largely to the additional vents feeding the supercharged V8. Jaguar notes that this is the most powerful and fastest production sports car it’s ever offered – and yes, it’s headed for showrooms – with an 0-60 mph time of 4.2 seconds and a Vmax bumped out to 186 mph.
In addition to the engine and aero tweaks, the XKR-S’ suspension has been reworked, there are new 16-way power sport seats with ‘carbon-fibre effect’ leather (we’re pretty sure you’re going to need to see this in person to appreciate it), and the whole shebang will be capped off with a price tag of around £97,000 on-the-road. That’s around $158,000 U.S., but if it comes to the States, we’d expect it to be significantly less costly.
Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/01/2012-jaguar-xkr-s-geneva-motor-show-reveal downloaded 2015/09/14
Jaguar 2012 XKR-S press release
At A Glance
1. The most powerful and fastest series production sports car Jaguar has ever built with a top speed of 300kph.
2. Heads the XK range with an expected on-the-road price of £97,000 when ordering opens in September.
3. The ultimate expression of Jaguar’s sports car strategy; offering intelligent performance with everyday driveability.
4. Uprated supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III R direct-injection engine produces 550PS and 680Nm of torque.
5. Maximum speed raised to 186mph (300kph) with 0-60mph reached in just 4.2 seconds.
6. The only car in its class to emit less than 300g/km of CO2.
7. Active sports exhaust delivers an authentic, race-car inspired soundtrack.
8. Exploits the XK’s strong, lightweight advanced aluminium body architecture to maximise performance, agility and economy.
9. Bespoke suspension changes front and rear for ultimate precision, control and driver appeal.
10. Unique styling changes incorporate Computational Fluid Dynamics calculations in order to reduce lift and maximise aerodynamic stability.
11. Revised interior features 16-way adjustable memory sports seats with carbon-fibre effect leather.
12. Reprogrammed Adaptive Dynamics allow the enthusiastic driver to explore the outer edges of the handling envelope.
13. Jaguar’s performance flagship competes in the sub-exotic segment, new territory for the company.
Making its debut at the Geneva Motor Show 2011, the XKR-S is the most extreme expression yet of Jaguar’s passion for building beautiful, fast cars. For the first time with a series production car, Jaguar gains entry to the exclusive ‘300kph club’ thanks to the effortless performance of the supercharged 5.0-litre AJ-V8 engine. A revised fuelling map means the direct-injection powerplant now produces 550PS and 680Nm of torque. Extensive recalibration has ensured that power delivery and performance are seamless, contributing to a 0-60mph time of 4.2 seconds. The Performance active exhaust encourages and rewards the enthusiastic driver with dramatic, motorsport-inspired aural feedback.
The XKR-S is not merely the quickest Jaguar ever but also the most agile, responsive and driver-focused. The pinnacle of the XK range builds on feedback gathered from the supercharged XKR and has been developed to extend the performance parameters of the car. This new harder-edged character allows the enthusiastic driver to explore the outer limits of the car’s dynamics without losing the refinement and usability for which Jaguar is famous. The structural integrity of the lightweight aluminium platform allowed the suspension to be reworked with bespoke components for increased stiffness without a commensurate loss in either refinement or Jaguar’s legendary ride comfort. A reworked aluminium front suspension knuckle and revised rear geometry are allied to stiffer springs and dampers, lightweight forged alloy wheels and recalibrated steering effort to minimise any response delays and produce a more connected and agile driving experience.
The performance of the XKR-S is reflected in both its interior and exterior styling, which feature exclusive new paint colours that reflect Jaguar’s racing heritage. As with competition Jaguars of the past, the exterior of the XKR-S adheres to the principle of form following function. In addition to the styling changes and in order for it to achieve 300kph, the XKR-S was the subject of extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics development work. The resulting changes reduced front and rear lift by more than a quarter and optimised lateral aerodynamic stability.
The performance intent of the XKR-S is clear from the moment the driver enters the cabin thanks to new cosseting Performance seats with prominent shoulder wings for close support during hard cornering. The seats feature 16-way adjustment, memory and heating functions while a new three-spoke steering wheel provides the perfect interface between car and driver.
* Unique, new front-end design with twin nacelles, side intakes and carbon-fibre splitter.
* Extended side sills emphasising the 10mm lower ride height.
* New rear apron incorporating a carbon-fibre diffuser.
* Unique to the XKR-S is a rear wing with carbon-fibre centre section.
Ian Callum, Design Director, Jaguar Cars: “The styling of this car isn’t about image, it’s about true performance. Like other iconic Jaguars before it, the styling has been driven by geometry and aerodynamics for genuine design purity. The physics required to achieve 300kph have led the aesthetic; if you don’t like the way it looks, you probably won’t like the way it drives either.”
The first Jaguar designed entirely under the aegis of Design Director Ian Callum, the XK has received awards worldwide for its elegant appearance. Now further styling changes keep the XKR-S at the forefront of modern sports car design. Slimmer, LED headlights, more compact main air intake and vertical side power vent all contribute to a more purposeful front-end appearance. At the rear of the car the famous Jaguar ‘Leaper’ now takes pride of place in the centre of the bootlid.
The XKR-S also required aerodynamic modifications to achieve its 300kph top speed in the unruffled manner expected of a Jaguar and has been designed solely with an eye for purity of line and singularity of purpose. As the XKR-S approaches its top speed, there is a requirement to channel air cleanly over, around and under the car in order to maintain stability and ensure balanced downforce front and rear. An overall reduction in lift of 26 per cent has been achieved.
The necessary revisions were made after extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics work, proven through wind tunnel testing and are unique to this flagship of the XK range. The most dramatic changes have been applied to the front of the car, radically altering its appearance and lending it a more assertive look. A new bumper design features near vertical feature lines running down from the edges of the oval air intake and supporting the new carbon-fibre splitter and lower spoiler. At the extreme edges of the front fenders, vertical slots channel air down the sides of the car and along the wider sills for increased high-speed directional stability.
In order to balance front and rear lift, the XKR-S features a separate rear wing, a first for the XK range. This addition, with its carbon-fibre centre section, works in concert with the similarly constructed Venturi structure underneath the rear bumper.
The assertive new appearance of the XKR-S is subtly highlighted by some carefully chosen details exclusive to this model. Exterior trim is finished in gloss black, complemented by 20-inch Vulcan lightweight forged alloys in a dark technical finish.
The XKR-S is available in a range of five paint colours, two of which evoke Jaguar’s competition heritage: Italian Racing Red and French Racing Blue.
Like the lining of a bespoke suit, the finishing touch is provided by the brake calipers, available in either red or gunmetal and emblazoned with the ‘Jaguar’ name.
* Third generation of the award-winning AJ-V8 all-aluminium powerplant with twin-vortex Roots-type supercharger.
* Revising the fuelling map boosts power and torque to 550PS and 680Nm.
* Spray-guided direct injection delivers precisely measured quantities of fuel into the cylinder heads at 150bar.
* Variable timing system on all four camshafts features actuation rates of more than 150 degrees per second.
Russ Varney, Chief Programme Engineer, XK: “With the XKR-S we have exploited the inherent capabilities of the aluminium architecture to its fullest extent to create a track-capable performance derivative extending all car’s attributes and delivering an irresistible ‘smile of satisfaction’ response from the driver.”
Astonishing engines have always formed the strongly beating heart of Jaguar’s road and race cars from the record-setting straight-six in the XK120 to the smooth V12 that made the XJ12 the fastest four-door in the world when it was launched.
The AJ-V8 joined this illustrious list from the moment the first one was fired into life but in the XKR-S it is presented in its most potent form to date. Now in its third generation and with the addition of supercharging, the all-aluminium quad-cam powerplant delivers not only extreme performance but also tremendous efficiency thanks to the technologies incorporated into it, including spray-guided direct injection (SGDI) and dual independent variable cam timing (DIVCT).
Fuel is delivered directly to the centre of the combustion chambers at a pressure of up to 150bar by the centrally-mounted six-hole spray-guided injection system in order to maximise fuel-air mixing and improve responsiveness, particularly at low speeds. It has also allowed an increase in compression ratio from 9.1:1 to 9.5:1 to improve fuel economy while multiple injections reduce the warm up phase to increase catalyst efficiency and reduce emissions.
Each of the four camshafts features a variable timing system which rather than being controlled by oil pressure, are activated by the positive and negative torques generated by the movement of the intake and outlet valves, allowing for a smaller, more efficient oil pump to be fitted, further reducing fuel consumption. The VCT units respond up to three times faster than previously with actuation rates of more than 150 degrees per second at every point in the speed range, making this the most responsive engine Jaguar has ever built, with no gaps in its power delivery.
Like the car itself, the AJ-V8 features aluminium architecture with the high pressure die-cast lightweight block augmented by cast iron liners and cross-bolted main bearing caps which contribute to refinement to match its power. The four-valve cylinder heads are now constructed from recycled aluminium to reduce the environmental impact of engine manufacture.
Nestling in the ‘V’ of the cylinders is the Roots-type twin vortex supercharger and its two intercoolers that help provide the XKR-S with such urgent motive power. This sixth-generation forced induction unit is 20 per cent more thermodynamically efficient than its predecessor, while the intercoolers feature their own water-cooling circuit to reduce the temperature of the pressurised air to optimise power and efficiency.
The surfeit of power produced by this system meant that it was a relatively simple matter to liberate an extra 40PS and 55Nm over the standard XKR. Remapping the engine’s fuelling characteristics and increasing exhaust gas flow through the use of an active exhaust system has lifted total output of the 5.0-litre V8 is now 550PS and 680Nm, making it the most powerful Jaguar road engine ever made and allowing the XKR-S to hit 60mph in 4.2 seconds and breach the magical 300kph barrier with ease.
The Performance active exhaust system that helps provide such spirited performance also produces a thrilling motorsport-inspired soundtrack to aurally reward the enthusiastic driver.
* Incredibly light and rigid with a kerb weight of 1753kg and torsional stiffness of 28,400N per degree
* New aluminium front knuckle increases stiffness by 0.13 Deg/kN
* Front and rear spring rates increased by 28 per cent
* New 20″ Vulcan wheels and Pirelli P-Zero tyres reduce unsprung mass by 4.8kg
* Rewritten stability control software optimises the system for enthusiastic driving
* Jaguar High Performance Braking System fitted as standard
Mike Cross, Chief Engineer, Vehicle Integrity: “This car encompasses everything a performance Jaguar should be; as capable, precise and thrilling on a wet Welsh B-road as it is at the Nürburgring. Every response delay has been minimised in order to give the car a more connected feel in the manner in which it steers, handles, stops and goes.”
Jaguar pioneered the use of aluminium construction for series production cars, exploiting the metal’s low mass and high tensile strength to maximise benefits in terms of performance, agility, fuel consumption and emissions.
The platform underpinning the XK range makes the car one of the lightest and most rigid in its class with a kerb weight of 1753kg and torsional stiffness of 28,400 Newtons per degree. This fundamental strength allowed Jaguar’s Vehicle Integrity team, led by Mike Cross, to develop the dynamic attributes of the XKR-S to the full, without affecting refinement. Every Jaguar achieves an unrivalled mix of sporting appeal and luxurious comfort and the XKR-S is the most driver focused Jaguar ever made.
Taking the solid foundation of the aluminium architecture as a starting point, both front and rear suspension systems have been upgraded. The double wishbone front suspension has been comprehensively revised with a new aluminium steering knuckle that significantly increases camber and castor stiffness by 0.13 degrees per Kilonewton to transform the accuracy and weighting of the steering for greater levels of connection, feedback and precision. The Active Differential Control has been reprogrammed to reduce steering sensitivity at the very high speeds of which the car is capable, increasing stability and driver control.
Rear suspension geometry has been revised with rear wheel steer optimised for maximum agility while spring rates have been increased at both ends of the car by 28 per cent. Bespoke software for Jaguar’s Adaptive Damping has been written for the XKR-S, ensuring both total body control and maximum traction and grip.
Wheel sizes have been increased with the unique lightweight forged Vulcan 20-inch alloys now having a width of nine inches at the front and 10.5-inches at the rear for greater precision and grip. The new wheels wear Pirelli P Zero tyres measuring 255/35 R20 at the front, 295/35 R20 at the rear. This combination has reduced overall unsprung mass by 4.8kg with a commensurate improvement in handling and dynamism.
The Dynamic Stability Control System has been reworked to maximise the benefit of these wider tyres. In Trac DSC mode this utilises specific traction, stability and eDiff settings to alter slip thresholds, differential torque distribution and intervention levels to allow the experienced driver to explore the outer edges of the performance and handling envelope.
The XKR-S is equipped as standard with Jaguar’s High Performance Braking System. Lighter and more powerful, this features cast iron and part aluminium monobloc calipers for a combination of power, stability and feel. The brake discs – measuring 380mm at the front and 376mm at the rear – are internally ventilated to provide repeated, fade-free stopping power. In combination with pad surface increases of 44 per cent front and 31 per cent rear the system provides total security and confidence on both road and track. Stopping distance from 124mph has been improved by 2.7 per cent over the already impressive XKR.
The end result is a car that captures the essential duality that is a characteristic of every great Jaguar; capable of transporting the driver to the fabled Nürburgring in total comfort and hushed silence, and yet still able to deliver a sub-eight minute lap time and then return home with total ease.
The cabin of any Jaguar is always a uniquely special place in which to spend time and the XKR-S meets all expectations from the moment the driver enters to be greeted by the red Start button pulsing like a heartbeat. When pressed, the engine fires with an rich, deep reverberation and the Jaguar Drive Selector rises from the centre console as a point of first contact to begin the process of bonding man with machine.
The interior of the XKR-S has been subtly refreshed with a host of new trim materials including ebony soft-feel paint for the switches and gloss black finish to the centre console. The model will also be exclusively available with a Dark Linear Aluminium finish as an option to the wood veneers.
A new leather-wrapped, multi-function steering wheel has also been added, providing a beautiful, tactile interface between car and driver as do the bright, Jaguar-embossed, stainless steel pedals.
Exclusive to the XKR-S are the new Performance front seats with an integrated head restraints and increased lateral and squab support to hold driver and passenger securely and comfortably in place during the high speed cornering of which this car is capable. The 16-way adjustment of squab, cushion, lumbar and bolster elements is supplemented by memory and heating functions.
The sense of occasion offered when driving the XKR-S will be heightened by the new carbon leather accents covering the seats, featuring unique contrast micro-piping and stitching combinations in Reims Blue, Red and Ivory. Duotone combinations of Charcoal with Tan and Charcoal with Red are also available.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
Engine Capacity (litres) 5.0
Engine Capacity (cc) 5000
Valves per Cylinder 4
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Bore/Stroke (mm) 92.5/93.0
Bore/Stroke (inches) 3.64/3.66
Final Drive Ratio 3.31:1
Transmission 6-speed automatic
0-60mph (seconds) 4.2
0-100kph (seconds) 4.4
0-100mph (seconds) 8.7
100-180kph (seconds) 7.6
Top Speed (mph/kph) 186/300
Max. Power (BHP@rpm) 542
Max. Power (PS@rpm) 550
Max. Power (KW@rpm) 405
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP/ton) 309
Power to Weight Ratio (PS/tonne) 314
Torque (lb ft@rpm) 502
Torque (Nm@rpm) 680
Torque to Weight Ratio (lb-ft/ton) 286
Torque to Weight Ratio (Nm/tonne) 388
Aerodynamics (Cd) 0.34
Urban (mpg) 15
Urban (l/100km) 18.9
Extra Urban (mpg) 33
Extra Urban (l/100km) 8.6
Combined (mpg) 23
Combined (l/100km) 12.3
City EPA 15
Highway EPA 22
US C-H Combined (US mpg) 17
Fuel Tank Capacity (litres) 74.0
NEDC Combined CO2 (g/km) 292
Wheelbase (inches) 108.3
Wheelbase (mm) 2752
Front Track (inches) 61.4
Front Track (mm) 1560
Rear Track (inches) 63.3
Rear Track (mm) 1608
Overall Length (inches) 188.7
Overall Length (mm) 4794
Overall Width excl. mirrors (inches) 74.5
Overall Width excl. mirrors (mm) 1892
Overall Height (inches) 52.0
Overall Height (mm) 1312
Turning Radius (metres) 10.9
EU: Kerb Weight (lbs) 3865
EU: Kerb Weight (kg) 1753
Federal: Lightest Weight (lbs) 3968
Gross Vehicle Weight (kg) 1800
All data based on manufacturer’s own testing and subject to change.
XKR-S cabriolet variant features a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine with 550 PS (405 kW / 542 hp) and 680 Nm (501 lb-ft) of torque.
Jaguar has unveiled the 2012 XKR-S Convertible at the Los Angeles motor show today.
The XKR-S cabrio comes with a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine with 550 PS (405 kW / 542 hp) and 680 Nm (501 lb-ft) of torque coupled to a six-speed automatic gearbox. That allows for an acceleration from 0-60 mph (96 km/h) in 4.2 seconds (0-100 km/h in 4.4 seconds) and a top speed of 186 mph (300 km/h).
The soft-top roof of the XKR-S opens and stows in 18 seconds and the car features technologies such as Performance Active exhaust that helps with output and has its own distinct sound. Additionally, Adaptive Dynamics for the suspension provides safer and more exciting handling for the driver.
Inside the XKR-S Convertible are carbon-leather trimmed Jaguar Performance seats, a multifunction three-spoke leather-wrapped steering wheel and Jaguar-embossed stainless steel pedals.
Prices for the XKR-S Convertible will begin at around £103,000 in the U.K and $138,000 MSRP in the U.S.
Source: http://www.motor1.com/news/28660/2012-jaguar-xkr-s-convertible-debuts-in-la-video downloaded 2015/09/14
Geneva 2008: Faster, limited, Euro-only Jaguar XKR-S unveiled
Mar 4th 2008 at 2:56PM
Jaguar will produce a limited run of 200 XKR-S coupes, which will be offered in Europe only. Now, the regular XKR is a delectable conveyance that combines endless sex appeal with eye-widening performance. Put plainly, it is an absolute hoot to drive. The XKR-S takes all that goodness and ramps things up a bit. The 420-horsepower blown V8 is unchanged, and the XKR-S has the same 0-60 time (4.9 seconds) as its standard counterpart. What does change is the electronically governed top speed. Adding the “S” also adds 19 mph to the cat’s top end, now 174 mph.
Among the myriad other changes made for the XKR-S are the addition of big Alcon Performance R brakes, a retuned suspension, and a host of visual and aerodynamics upgrades, such as new wheels with retro-logo caps, a new front splitter, side skirts, a new rear spoiler, and a rear diffuser insert. Inside, what was already a very nice cabin becomes opulent, with new interior trim, a higher-end audio system, updated instruments (to accomodate the higher top speed) and other sundry niceties. You can sum the whole thing up in two words: “fast” and “beautiful.” We want.
JAGUAR XKR-S – THE ULTIMATE XKThe Jaguar XKR-S: a lightweight sports coupe that takes the Jaguar sports car experience to a new level. As the fastest production XK to date, it delivers a combination of high speed performance, dynamic excellence and crafted luxury that is unique to Jaguar.At-a-Glance
- The new XKR-S coupe is the fastest production XK to date, providing the Jaguar enthusiast with an even more driver-focused high speed performance experience
- Limited to 200 cars – available only in Europe, in both right-hand and left-hand drive
- The XKR-S is capable of 0-60mph (0-100kph) in 4.9 (5.2) seconds and has a maximum speed, electronically limited, of 174mph (280kph) – making it the fastest Jaguar since the XJ220 supercar
- Revised suspension with bespoke springs, dampers, anti-roll bar and recalibrated Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS) further improve the XKR’s outstanding ride and handling balance
- Exterior styling features revised front air-splitter and side sill-extensions, revised rear spoiler and rear bumper with unique diffuser panel and unique 20″ lightweight Vortex alloy wheels
- Ultimate Black metallic paint colour with contrasting finish to the grille, sills, side power vents and rear diffuser
- Alcon R Performance braking system with red monobloc six-piston callipers and 400mm brake discs at the front, 350mm at the rear
- Six-speed automatic transmission with Jaguar Sequential ShiftTM for ultra-quick manual gear shifts in milliseconds, using steering-wheel-mounted paddles
- Active Exhaust System ensures refinement at cruising speed but purposeful V8 roar under hard acceleration
- Strong, lightweight and exceptionally rigid all-aluminium body construction delivers excellent dynamic agility
- The luxury sports interior features full soft-grain leather with twin-needle contrast stitching, adjustable seat bolsters, Piano Black veneer, Charcoal Alston luxury headliner plus the XKR’s comprehensive standard specification
- Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system, with 525W Premium audio, featuring low distortion Kevlar mid-range speakers and aluminium dome speakers, designed and tuned specifically for XK
- In summary, the ultimate Jaguar XK and a perfect illustration of Jaguar’s philosophy of building beautiful, fast cars.
The XKR-S coupe is the fastest production XK to date. Powered by Jaguar’s acclaimed 4.2litre V8 supercharged engine, it has been developed for the true Jaguar enthusiast. It is faster and more agile than the XKR, taking the Jaguar sports car experience to a new level, whilst retaining the refined, dynamic excellence and crafted luxury that is unique to Jaguar.
Sharing the XKR’s highly advanced lightweight aluminium body architecture, the high performance of the XKR-S is made totally accessible by the enormous reserves of the
4.2-litre all aluminium four-cam supercharged V8’s 420bhp (SAE) and 560Nm of torque.
With recalibrated engine management, the XKR-S reaches an electronically limited top speed of 174mph (280kph) – 19mph (30kph) faster than the XKR. This additional performance is made accessible by improved aerodynamics (reduced drag and lift) and unique suspension set-up.
Sharing the XKR’s class-leading six-speed sequential automatic transmission, the
XKR-S has exceptional refinement and the option of ultra-fast manual shifts controlled by steering wheel-mounted paddle shifts – with shift times measured in milliseconds to make this one of the fastest shifting transmissions in the world.
To match its increased performance, the XKR-S adopts the most powerful brakes on any Jaguar production model, plus extensive changes to its suspension and steering to provide further enhanced ride and handling characteristics without compromising comfort.
The high performance braking system for the XKR-S was developed by Jaguar’s Special Vehicles team in partnership with British competition brake specialist Alcon, which supplies the stopping power for some of the fastest cars in the world, on both road and track. The brakes were perfected over thousands of miles of testing on some of Europe’s most demanding roads, and by Jaguar’s engineering team at the Nurburgring in Germany. The XKR-S Alcon R Performance braking system features 400mm diameter discs on the front and 350mm discs at the rear. Each disc is radially ventilated for maximum cooling and to resist fade even under the hardest use, and will perfectly match the XKR-S’s increased top speed. The friction surfaces of each disc carry a series of crescent-shaped grooves that help clear water from the discs during wet weather and help to keep the brake pads clean at all times. The Alcon R performance brake package uses lightweight monobloc six-piston callipers at the front and four-piston callipers at the rear – each calliper finished in a distinctive red and carrying the R logo.
The XKR-S coupe’s dynamic balance focuses on achieving an even more sporting character while retaining the XKR’s supple ride comfort. Its blend of control and refinement begins with the extremely stiff all-aluminium body structure, and a re-tuning of the XKR’s all-wishbone suspension. The XKR-S features new springs, new anti-roll bars and unique dampers. All the major suspension parameters are recalibrated, and the XKR-S uses Jaguar’s proven Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS) with unique tuning. It also uses a faster ratio steering rack, for quicker reactions and optimum feel.
The limited edition coupé in Ultimate Black is identified by the unique XKR-S badge on the rear of the car. The exterior of the XKR-S has been subtly enhanced to make it recognisably different without being overstated. Another significant element in the revised handling package is that the ride height of the XKR-S has been reduced by 10mm compared with that of the XKR, and the XKR-S sits on unique, lightweight 20-inch Vortex forged alloy wheels with bespoke tyres. That naturally makes the XKR-S look lower and even more sporting, but it has a number of other distinguishing details. It features a new front aerodynamic splitter, side sill extensions, revised rear spoiler and rear diffuser panel, with contrasting finishes to details such as the front mesh grille, power vents, sills and rear diffuser panel.
The XKR-S has an Active Exhaust System, which is specifically tuned to ensure quiet, refined high-speed cruising while producing a much more hard-edged and sporting V8 sound under hard acceleration – not over loud, but full of performance character.
While the mechanical specification and the exterior revisions are driven largely by performance and dynamic enhancement, the interior changes reflect Jaguar’s vision of the XKR-S as an uncompromisingly luxurious sports car.
The full soft grain leather trim is finished in Charcoal with Ivory twin-needle contrast stitching, with leather wrapping the seats, instrument panel top, centre console, inner door panels and rear side panels. This is complemented by Piano Black veneer, Charcoal Alston luxury headlining, plus a revised instrument cluster – calibrated to accommodate the higher top speed – with XKR-S branding. The contrast-stitched leather trimmed steering wheel, alloy and leather gear selector with alloy surround, bright aluminium pedals, and XKR-S branded head-restraints, tread-plates and carpet mats further set the tone for this very special interior.
Taking Jaguar’s 525W Premium Audio system with Pro Logic II surround sound as a starting point, renowned premium British loudspeaker manufacturer Bowers & Wilkins has tuned a signature speaker system specifically for the cabin of the XKR-S. High output, low distortion Kevlar mid-range speakers and specially designed aluminium-dome tweeters deliver superb mid-range and extended high-frequency responses.
On sale in summer 2008 and limited to just 200 cars in European markets only, the XKR-S is an even more driver-focused sports grand tourer than the XKR.
JAGUAR XKR-S FEATURES
- Available in Ultimate Black metallic paint colour with contrasting paint finish to the grille, sills, side power vents and rear splitter and diffuser
- Revised front splitter and side sill extensions
- Revised rear spoiler and rear bumper fitted with unique splitter and diffuser panel
- Vortex 20″ forged, 14 spoke lightweight alloy wheels with unique design and red Jaguar “Heritage” centre badge
- Alcon R Performance braking system with red callipers
- Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound System
- Luxury Sport interior theme with Warm Charcoal full soft-grain leather and Ivory twin needle contrast stitching – 16 way electrically adjustable seating with adjustable bolsters
- Piano Black interior finish to facia and centre console
- Charcoal Alston headlining
- Alloy and leather gear lever with alloy selector gate surround
- Flint carpets with Flint carpet mats, edged in Charcoal leather with Ivory stitching
- XKR-S badging
- Unique XKR-S logo to the instrument cluster, tread-plate, front seat head-restraints and carpet mats
TRANSMISSION, SUSPENSION AND BRAKES
- 6-speed electronic automatic transmission with Jaguar Sequential ShiftTM
- Unique dampers and CATSTM (Computer Active Technology Suspension) tuning
- Trac DSC (Dynamic Stability Control)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) – drive-away release
- New steering rack, springs and revised calibrations
- Reduced ride height (10mm)
- Intelligent Lighting System – automatic headlamps on with windscreen wipers
- Active Front Lighting (dynamic pivoting headlamps)
- Bi-Xenon headlamps with integrated cornering lamps, automatic levelling and headlamp washers
- Bonnet louvres
- Quad tailpipes with polished finish
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Heated exterior mirrors with electric adjustment, power folding auto-dimming and memory function
- Heated windscreen with timer and rain sensing windscreen wipers
- Instant Mobility System (IMS) in lieu of space saver spare wheel
- Memory function with 3 settings for driver’s and passenger’s seat, exterior mirrors and steering column
- Padded leather 3-spoke steering wheel
- Cruise control with active speed limiter
- Automatic air recirculation with 5 setting
- Automatic climate control with humidity control, air particle/odour filtration and dual zone temperature control for driver and front passenger
- Auto-dimming interior rear view mirror
- Electric windows with one-touch open/close and anti-trap
- Glove box with auxiliary power socket
- Interior mood lighting
- Jaguar Smart Key SystemTM with keyless start
- Keyless Entry
- Alloy pedals
- Remote control central locking with deadlocks and drive-away locking
- Intrusion and perimetric alarm with passive sounder and battery back-up
- Engine immobiliser
AUDIO AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Bowers and Wilkins Premium Sound with 525W Jaguar Premium surround sound
- Navigation system with DVD mapping and 7 inch Touch-screen
- Bluetooth® telephone connectivity
- 6-disc in-dash CD changer
- Windows Media® Audio (WMA) and MP3 disc compatibility
- iPod and USB connectivity
- Adaptive Restraint Technology System (ARTSTM)
- Airbags, front and side (driver and front passenger)
- Belt reminder system (front seats only)
- Front seat whiplash reduction system
- Pedestrian Contact Sensing – automatically deployable bonnet system
- ISOfix anchor points for rear child seat
- Front and rear seat belt pre-tensioners
XKR-S Technical Specifications
|XKR-S 4.2L V8
|Cylinders/valves per cylinder||8/4|
|Bore/stroke – mm||86/90.3|
|Capacity – cc||4,196|
|Maximum power – SAE – bhp (kW)||420 (313)|
|Maximum power – EEC – PS (kW)||416 (306)|
|Maximum torque – SAE Nm (lb.ft.)||560 (413)|
|Maximum torque – EEC Nm (lb.ft.)||560 (413)|
|Compression ratio: 1||9.1|
|Acceleration 0-62mph (0-100 kph) – sec||5.2|
|Top speed – mph (kph)||174 (280)|
|Urban – l/100km||19.1|
|Extra urban – l/100km||8.6|
|Combined – l/100km||12.3|
|Carbon dioxide emissions – g/km||294|
|Tank capacity – litres approx.||70.6|
|Weight – kg||1,665|
|Gross vehicle weight – kg||2,080|
|Ground clearance – mm||110|
|Weight Distribution – Fr/Rr %||53.4/46.6|
|Length – mm||4791|
|Width – mm||1892|
|Height – mm||1312|
|Wheelbase – mm||2752|
|Wheels and tyres||Front: Pirelli PZERO 255/35 ZR20/9.0J x 20 wheel
Rear: Pirelli PZERO 295/30 ZR20/10.5J x 20 wheel
|Front/rear track – mm||1560/1608|
|Turning circle diameter – m||10.97|
|Boot volume – litres – VDA||300|
Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/04/faster-limited-euro-only-jaguar-xkr-s-unveiled downloaded 2015/09/13